Friday, March 30, 2007

Daffodil Day...

I forgot to mention the other day that it was the American Cancer Society's Daffodil Day when I went to chemo. I received a nice little vase with the daffodils in it. Very pretty!! So nice and bright! Luckily the vase fit in my cup holder in the car and I was able to get them home without a problem.

I did also meet the new (to me) oncologist the other day. Seeing him walk around the office, I thought he looked like a grumpy doc. But he was actually very nice. He took his time, I felt, to get to know me and my case.

Feeling ok today. Achy, a little yucky, but not too~ too bad. I actually got to sleep last night! We had a wake to go to last night, and when we got home, I wasn't feeling the best, and was sooo tired! I laid down on the couch about 9:30, not thinking I would really fall asleep, but I did! I woke up about 1:30 and went to bed. Took about an hour to go back to sleep--but I can handle that right now. I was pretty much up after John left for work at 5, but that was still the best night of sleep this week!

I really hope none of you ever have to experience this. It is hard to explain how this chemo crap makes you feel. Just not right is the only way I know how to say it. There have been a few ladies on the boards that have made the comment that they never felt sick after being diagnosed with cancer, until the drs started to "fix" it. That is so true!! I absolutely hate taking pills, but at times now I feel like I have a list almost as long as Anna Nicole's!! Not really--but I am taking more than I would like. And of course everything I am taking is approved by my dr!! So no worries of reactions here.

Well, off to get a few things done, while I am still feeling up to it!!!

0 comments: