Friday, March 2, 2007

What a Week!

Hopefully this week was so rotten b/c it was my first treatment. That and the headache on Monday. I was down Monday, hungover feeling Tuesday, not feeling good at all Wednesday, or half the day Thursday. Today I almost feel normal. Almost. I ache, which is from the Nuelasta shot. Still have a ghost of a headache. But feel like I can do normal stuff. I really hope I am not down 4 days each time!!

It is really hard for me to comprehend at times that what I am doing is so I can be HEALTHY!! It sure doesn't feel that way. First I have mutilated my body. Now I am poisoning it. I am just glad it is only (only?) for 4 months!! Can't imagine if it was longer. I actually hope the next drug is a little better on me.

John and I went wig shopping the other day. I know I have a big head, it is always hard to get hats to fit. The lady said my head measured 23 inches, so a size large wig. Now I have extremely thick hair. I am thinking that once this is gone, I will lose that half inch that will put me back in the average range. There are some cute cheap wigs on ebay that only go up to 22 1/2. I asked her about this, she said the hair won't make a difference. I find that very hard to believe. The only wig she had available to order in size large was aweful!! I have found a few others online I could make do with. I would like to get another opinion, but all the rest of the places are like an hour away! I may just order one of the ebay ones and see what happens. Or maybe I will wait til the hair is gone,*gulp* and get measured again. If I have to stick with the large size, there goes my idea of having fun with the whole wig thing.

I took it easy today, even though I am feeling better. We are supposed to take Ann out tomorrow to celebrate baby #2, and I want to make sure I am feeling better. Right now I am going to go read a little, then head off to bed I think!!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Sherri,
I am so proud of you!! You are handling all of this so well. It helps me to bring my life into perspective. I just wanted to let you know I have decided to do the 3day. I have always thought about it, but now it is hitting close to home.

Please check out my web page @
www.the3day.org/chicago07/jbug1973

And please let me know if there is anything i can do to help out, I'm at home all day.

Jenn