Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Yuk..and Wigs...

Not together.

My first couple of times out with the wig went well. It really didn't bother me too much, although when I got home and took it off, it was like my head said Aaahh. The first time was to my sister's for mom's birthday. The next was to my Library Board meeting on Monday night. They all liked my new hair cut! I think a couple of them suspected, or knew the truth, but were kind enough to leave it alone. My other wigs did come in, but I need to get the bangs trimmed on them as the are way too long. I really do like those wigs though.

I had to meet with a client to get some paperwork signed yesterday. Now she is the mother of a friend, she does know about the cancer and that I have lost my hair. She liked the wig also, and couldn't believe I got it off ebay for around $20.

The yuk comes in with the way I am feeling. I just don't feel like myself. I don't know how to explain it any other way. I can't wait til June when this part is done. Yesterday I was fine until about noon, then just did not feel good after that. Today I think I am coming down with a cold. And I am extremely achy. I guess I should take some Tylenol for that. I absolutely hate popping all these pills. May need to add prilosec to the mix though, as I am sick of the heart burn!! Even if I don't eat anything, I get the heart burn. I am hoping to get a few normal feeling days before the next treatment Tuesday.

I forgot to mention the "stupid" comment the ultra sound tech made when I went that Friday. She told me to remove my shirt and bra and hop up on the table. I explained that there weren't any boobs, therefor no bra. She proceeded to tell me that she wished she could go bra less. ???? HUH?? I bit my tongue, but was thinking "well, get your boobs hacked off and you too can go bra less!" I know she didn't mean anything by it, it is just amazing the things people say sometimes. We usually have a thread going on the YSC boards about unbelievable things people say. Here are some comments the others have endured.....

**My dear dear SIL has told me more than once how lucky I am to get a "free" boob job. I know I'm not the only one who has had that comment made to them..

**I often stop by my job to see my co-workers while I have been out on Short Term Disability. I was standing around chatting with them about side effects and that sort of thing. One of the things I mentioned was that I often have to lay down to rest during the day and one of my co-workers said "I would do anything to be able to do that". The girl next to him said, "get your boobs taken off, have rat poison pumped into your veins once a week and you can do it too!!!!". HEHE, we high fived each other later

**I haven't had any comments recently, but last summer as I was going through chemo, I took my son to Supercuts to get a haircut. It's so hot here that I usually went around bald. That day, I was bald as Adam and I walked into the store. The receptionist looked at both of us, and asked which one was getting a cut. I told her "well, obviously not me!" She was embarrassed, but geez!

**I was in the locker room at the gym the other day. I was drying off after a shower when an older woman asked me, "Are you in treatment or is that what all the young girls are doing these days"

I started laughing. Do I look like a Brittany Spears fan?


**I was having quick ciggie at work (I know I know bad) anyway and this guy says 'should you be doing that? oh well it doesn't matter now' UM HELLO - I am not dying YET

**how lucky I am to get a "free" boob job

I've gotten this one, too! More than once. Pisses me off so much. It's about the most insensitive things I've heard. ... so, people mainly get an evil stare from me. If they don't take that hint, then I start saying bitter things like, "Sure, a little chemo, little baldness and anyone can have a free boob job!" or "Yeah, and mine comes with no nipples and no more happy feelings, too!"

**A wig shop owner told me the following "If I lost my hair, I wouldn't be able to function." "I just couldn't handle losing my hair!" This is from a woman who owns a wig shop and has worn wigs for the past 30 years "for pleasure"

Amazing isn't it??

Do we have any American Idol fans?? I like Gina and Blake is pretty good. Gina is from Naperville though, so it would be nice to have her win! Melinda and Lakisha have the voice, I don't think they have the whole package. And Sanjaya!! Yikes! That boy needs to go. I'm afraid the pre and early teen girls are going to keep him going on there. Although there is also vote for the worst dot com they are trying to get the worst person to win. So is Howard Stern. He is telling all his listeners to vote for Sanjaya b/c he thinks it would be funny to have him win. Last night while he was singing, there was a young girl in the audience bawling!!! Of course she was crying for Melinda too.

Another good show that is on on Tuesday nights is Dirt. This is Courtney Cox's new show. It is different and twisted. Probably why I like it. The season finale is next week already. The show is about a tabloid. One of the quirky things I like is that C.C.'s character is the hard edged editor. She is a b*&ch. But her best friend is a schizophrenic photographer. Someone you would expect her to never have the time for, but she is protective of him.

We are anxiously awaiting my new niece (or nephew). She (or he--can you tell I think Ann is having a girl?) is due Saturday. So any day now. I know that is what Ann is thinking too!

0 comments: