Tuesday, March 6, 2007

First Robin!!!

Everyone knows that seeing a robin is a sign of spring. I am totally NOT a winter fan, so around this time of year I am looking out for those robins. There are a ton of birds in my backyard right now. A lot of them look like robins but with black bellies. I was looking close, not a orange belly among them. I told myself, any day now I will see one, and spring will be here before we know it.

I just sat down at the computer to check my email, and as I looked out the window, I saw him. Sitting on the bush just outside. Orange chest as big as anything! I tried to get my camera to take a pic, and unfortunately he left. If I remember correctly, last year I saw a lone robin around this time, then a couple weeks later they seemed to be everywhere. It is almost as if they send a scout to see if it is time to come back.

Spring is just around the corner!!

0 comments: