Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Genetic Testing

When I went to get my Nuelasta shot today, they had my BRCA-1 and BRCA-2 results for me--NEGATIVE!!! Yeah!! These are genetic variants known to cause breast cancer and ovarian cancer. It doesn't mean you will get it, it does mean you and your family are more susceptible. If I had the gene mutations, the girls would have a 50% chance of having it also. It would also mean mom, my sister Michelle and niece Destinee would need to be screened. So they are all off the hook now. The girls will still need to be watched closely, but at least we don't have to worry about the genetic part.

Cindy cut my hair. I don't really like it, I am not a short hair person. She did a wonderful job, I just don't like it on me. She thinks it's cute. She also can't wait until my hair grows in so she can play with it!! I trust her completely, so I don't have a problem with that.

The girls don't like the cut either. They have never seen me with short hair though. Hell, nobody really has. I don't think it has been short since 4th grade! John hasn't seen it yet. The onc nurse when I went to get my shot liked it alot. And that was with it all wind blown. As I was walking out to the car, my phone rang, and I knew it was one of the drs offices. Well, it was the onc's office, the receptionist was just talking to the nurse about how much she liked my hair, and the nurse told her she should call and tell me, so she did. It was nice of her, but I am still not fond of it. It will probably only buy me another week, if I am lucky! But it was worth a try!!

Enjoy this weather while you can!!!!

0 comments: