Sunday, March 18, 2007

Better Day..

I am doing better today. Much better actually. Cindy came by and shaved my head yesterday afternoon. Surprisingly, it is easier to feel the stubble there than the thinning hair. She did cut it in a mohawk first. You can't really tell in the pic though, the hair was so thin on top and blond. I need to get my picture taken with my niece Ceci now--we match!! Both bald and blue eyes.

It actually doesn't look terrible. Not a look I would have chosen obviously. I have a nice shaped head. I could have gone my entire life without knowing that, but there it is.

As I don't like to draw attention to myself, or be the center of attention, I think that is part of what makes this so hard. The first few times out will be rough I know.

We did remeasure my head and I am now at 22 inches. So I can do the average size wigs--and that gives me a lot more options. The one I ordered a long time ago off of ebay does fit. I do need to get some kind of cap to go between my head and the wig though. I think that will make it a little more comfortable.

Jenna keeps rubbing my head. That is ok, b/c I keep doing it too!! We are going to my sister's for my mom's birthday today (HAPPY BIRTHDAY Mom!!!!). I am thinking I will wear the wig there, and bring a scarf in case it starts bothering me. Who knows though, I could change my mind by then.

Still feeling off. Not bad, just not myself. It is hard to explain really. Can't wait to be done with all of this, and be me again! I also took an anti anxiety med yesterday to help me relax and not stress over the hair loss so much. It was prescribed to help me sleep when needed, but I figured I could use it yesterday. Now I feel like I am in a fog. Not sure if that is from the chemo, or the the med. Don't really like that feeling though.

John and the girls are outside putting up the basketball hoop. Well, John is putting it up, the girls are just out there. I think they will have fun with that. We now need to get a trampoline for Haley to practice her gymnastics on.

The girls are off school on the 26th. I am hoping it is nice that day. Maybe we'll take a trip to the zoo if it is. We haven't been there in so long. They have a new string ray exhibit due to open up. Not sure if it will be by then though.

To all of my family and friends I want to say a big THANK YOU!! You have no way of knowing how much your love and support have helped me these past few months. I love you all!!

0 comments: