Wednesday, March 28, 2007

3 Down---5 to go!!!

Yeah almost halfway there!!! One more of the AC combo. After that, the next drug doesn't tend to make you as sick. Just achy and tired. They watch you real close the first time also--b/c 20% of people are allergic to the med. I'm not too concerned about that, as I don't have any allergies that I know of. So I really don't expect to start. They also tell you to take B-6 while on Taxol, I have to go back this afternoon for my Nuelasta shot--I am going to ask if I can start taking the vitamins now. I wouldn't think it would hurt, but prefer to check!

Yesterday and today haven't been the best. My period started yesterday-- which I was so not expecting. B/c of that I had a migraine. Thanks to the steriods, I couldn't fall asleep until about 3am. 7am seems so early then! This morning I have diarrhea. I have taken a couple of immodium and I am hoping they kick in quick! I was hoping to head out about 10:30 or so. Jenna wants leggings to wear with a skort she got-for pictures Friday. I have to go for the shot anytime after 1. So it isn't set in stone. I was hoping to do the running first and go after. But--am unable to stray too far at the moment. Shooting for 12:30 now. Do the shot first, then the running. If I have to, I guess I could go tomorrow. But would really just rather get it done today.

Once I start the Taxol--those will be long days!! Blood work, wait and hour. One hour of premeds. Taxol for 3 and Herceptin for and hour and a half. Hopefully there won't be too much waiting around on the drugs!! I am wondering though. Herceptin is normally given every 3 weeks, but since I am doing the Taxol every 2, the H then goes to weekly. So...is the 1 1/2 the full dose? Or a third of it?? Is it possible that while I am doing it weekly it will only be a half hour?? I need to ask the nurses when I go this afternoon.

The wig thing has been going ok. The nurses yesterday were really impressed with the wig--esp when they found out I got it off of ebay! It has a scalp cap--which means you can see your scalp through it, they had never seen that before. It lets the air flow through to your head too, so you don't get as hot. They wig has come off the minute I walk in the door though!

We went to see baby Sean Patrick (how is that for an Irish name!) on Monday. Of course he is cute! White Blond hair and eyebrows. We didn't get to see him with his eyes open yet though.

Monday I took the girls to the zoo. It was packed. I can't recall ever seeing it that busy! We used the parking lot off of First ave and it took us 40 minutes to make that left and get parked!! I wanted to be out of there at 2 to avoid traffic. That gave us 3 hours! But that is one of the nice things about being a member--go for a few hours, see what you want, got back another time and see more. You don't need to worry about seeing it all in one day! If I knew I could get home before the girls got out of school, I would go by myself once in awhile. The girls and I had fun. The crowds didn't really effest us. We seemed to move around them fairly easy. Of course alot of them had strollers and wagons--and some of those kids were old enough to be walking! The sting ray exhibit wasn't open yet--next time. We got the watch 2 baby gorrillas--one was wrestling with his mom!! And we got to watch the baby dolphin.

On the way home I was cut off by a semi. The thing is, I saw his turn signal and gave him a good minute at least to get over. He didn't go, so I figured he had just left the signal on. As soon as I started coming up beside him, he moved over. I honked--although a bit delayed, I forgot where exactly the horn was! Once I got along side of him I wanted to shoot him a dirty look--but couldn't make eye contact. So I did the Italian gesture with the whole hand. The girls thought I flipped him off, but I didn't. I told them I should have took my wig off and shook it at him! Shock value.

I meant to post all this for you last night--I know there are the faithful readers out there that would be checking in. The internet was down for some reason though.

Well, so far so good on the bathroom trips. Last one was about an hour ago ( I know--like you needed to know that!). Hopefully, this means I can run my errands without a problem. I do need to try and eat something. All I had for breakfast was Ovaltine.

0 comments: