Tuesday, May 22, 2007

I only have on More....

You have to sing that in your head like you are teasing someone. Add the na-na-na-na-na behind it if it helps!! One more Taxol and I am D-O-N-E!! That will be cause for celebration! About the time I should be feeling more normal I will be having surgery. But at least that won't cause nausea or body aches(well only in one area--and I'll be expecting that!), I will just be laid up for 1-2 weeks, and have restrictions for 4 more. But the surgery is working towards giving me something back-and then some! I might as well get something out of this!

I tell you going in for the chemo is hard. Knowing how I will feel, and with the Taxol--how long of a day it will be! The girls asked why I packed a lunch, so I was explaining it to them. They didn't seem to think it was too long. Jenna says-well there is a tv. Yes, but I don't really like daytime tv. And having to sit it that chair for so long! I have been borrowing Haley's dvd player and rewatching the first season of Lost. Of course by 11 I can't focus, so I turn it off then. So today I kept a list of times etc. to show them. Here is the breakdown.
8:35--draw blood/take vitals/stick port
8:45-Back to chair
10:07-see dr
10:20-Back to chair again
10:25-Pre med #1 Aloxi(anti-nausea) and decadron(steroid)
10:45-Pre med #2 Benedryl-sleepy time!! Don't even try to fight it!
11:00-Pre med #3 Pepcid
11:30-Taxol
2:30-Herceptin
3:05-Done--finally!!

I did ask the dr a few questions about my pathology that I had been meaning to ask him. On the YSC list, someone will say they are sleeping with NED (meaning No Evidence of Disease). I didn't think I could claim that until chemo was done. Even though I knew the chemo was a precaution. Well, I have been NED since surgery! Woo-Hoo. Not really any news I guess, just hadn't been given that designation officially before.

Vascular invasion was another concern, as cancer can travel through your blood stream as well as the lymph nodes. No evidence of that (obviously since I am NED!!!). And as far as staging, I was originally told stage 1 on the left and stage 2b on the right. I didn't think that was right. I think the last dr just looked at the tumor size when he answered. 2b is over 2 cm with lymph nodes involved. 2a-can be over 2 cm (my tumor was 2.1cm) if there are no lymph nodes involved. I did get this cleared up today with the new dr. Not much of a difference, but I will take it!!

There was a support group meeting tonight that I had planned on attending. They are normally the same night as my board meetings (third Monday), so I was happy this one was on Tuesday. But I was so tired when I got home, and not feeling the greatest, I didn't go. I really didn't want to drive back to Kankakee tonight either. Now of course the steroids have really kicked in, and who knows when I will get to sleep. When I first came home, I could have fallen asleep then!

I forgot to mention yesterday that I had a PS appt. Nothing really to report there. Just a pre op appt. Went over all the legal stuff they have to go over, gave me the prescriptions to get filled, and reminded me that I have to get a front close sport bra. I think she said you can get them at Target. I need to call back though and ask what size to get??

I made the avatar on the right at Meez. This is me having a hot flash(ok--fantasy version of me!)!! Lovely chemo pause. I haven't had too many yet-but yikes. Night sweats I am kind of used to, although they are still gross, I used to get those around my period.

Night night folks!!

0 comments: