Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Cancer Sucks!!

Got your attention?? Of course everyone knows this don't they. Even if you are one of the lucky ones to never have dealt with having cancer yourself. I talk quite a bit about the YSC boards I go onto, and that they are extremely helpful, and they are. There are some truly awesome women on there. The thing that gets to me sometimes is the worry about the cancer coming back. I know that I will probably think about this from time to time. But maybe I am niave. I am choosing to believe that once I am done with this, that is it. I really don't think it will be back. We caught it early, no node involvement (I know it can travel through the veins and do want to ask my onc about that), chemo is just a precaution b/c of my age. Therefor--I will be done! Now I know there are women who have early stage bc that get metastatic cancers. I know it does happen. It has actually been happening quite a bit on the boards lately. So, like I said, maybe I am niave. But I refuse to let this steal anymore of my life than it has. IF it were ever to come back, I will deal with it then. I don't want to spend even one minute worrying about whether I will see my girls grow up. I can't. Some people leave their port in, just in case. Huh?? No thank you. That thing drives me insane!! It will not be needed again and is going bye bye--in another year.

I am know this is a bit of a rant. I just really needed to get that off my chest (ha!).

I went to get my Nuelasta shot today. Feeling pretty good. I wish this damn steroid would wear off!! I didn't fall asleep until around 3 last night, and was up at 7 for our normal morning routine, and have been going all day--obviously still awake now!! This is all from the IV one they gave me! I haven't taken any of the ones I have here. Oh well, 2 more cycles of this and I will be done!!

0 comments: