Monday, October 15, 2007

Surgery Update

I got home about 2pm today. Doing pretty well actually right now. Don't have huge bodacious ta-tas like I would have liked. Not really sure what they look like yet to be honest with you.

The anesthesia seems to have played a lot nicer today. This could be due to about 4 different things.
1. I ate a pb&j with my double fiber bread (so it would stick with me) last night about 11.
2. Surgery was first thing this morning.
3. They put a motion sickness patch on me. He had said I could leave it on for 3 days--don't think I will need to do that.
4. He said they weren't going to give me the gasses.

I am starting to wind down now, but there for awhile I felt like I was hopped up on caffeine or something. The pain isn't too bad. Just keeping up with the Vicodin for now. My throat is a little sore from the tube they put down your throat.

We got there in good time this morning, and things moved right along. I noticed it was about 7:50 when we rolled into the surgery room. I was freaking out a bit. It is absolutely amazing how fast that ansthesia puts you out! We are talking about the dream I am going to have (sitting on a beach in Cozumel, sipping Pina Coladas brought by the cabana boy) one minute, then the eyes are heavy, then bye-bye me. I was in recovery around 11am, and we left around 1pm. Thank you again Ann for taking me!! I truly appreciate it. When I got back here, I set up the bed and lay down for a couple of hours. When I got up from there I was fine--other than feeling like I may be on speed!! I was in a little pain, so I took the Vicodin, that was at 4 it is 9 now and not too bad. I will take it before I go to sleep though. Not sure if I will sleep in the recliner or the bed. When I was in the bed earlier, I was hogging the whole thing. Not sure if I will be able to get comfortable on just half.

Thank you Mom also, for getting the girls to school and for stopping after school.

Dr. S just called to check on me. She is very pleased with how the surgery went, and is also going to let the anesthesiaolgist know that what he did worked. She said he was really taking care of me, and he must have been! She also told me not to touch the patch and then my eyes--it will make them dialate!! That is good to know.

Oh, and another plus--no drains this time either!! YEAH!!

Okay--off to relax now!!

0 comments: