Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Are You Kidding Me????

The new movie "The Golden Compass" is coming out soon. I think it looks pretty good, and I look forward to taking the girls to see it. Well, today I received the following email...

Friends,

You may already know about this, but I just learned about a kids movie coming out in December starring Nicole Kidman. It's called The Golden Compass, and while it will be a watered down version, it is based on a series of children's books about killing God (It is the anti-Narnia). Please follow this link, and then pass it on. From what I understand, the hope is to get alot of kids to see the movie - which won't seem too bad - and then get the parents to buy the books for their kids for Christmas. The quotes from the author sum it all up. I'm going to tell everyone about this movie. I hope it totally bombs because we were all paying attention!
Read the article on snopes below


Urban Legends Reference Pages: The Golden Compass

Go ahead and click on the link!! You won't believe it. I mean, come on, do these people seriously have nothing else to do?? It is a movie for Christ's sake!! It is make believe, imaginary!! Get a life!! I really don't care what the author's beliefs are as long as he (or she) is a good writer. Now if he was using the money from the sale of his books to abuse children or something--then I would boycott. But come on!! Not all of my "beliefs" fall within what most people consider normal. Nothing wrong with that. Just means we are all not clones or robots. Sheesh!! This has actually just piqued my interest in the books. I will have to read them now. And honestly, I must be a little slow on the uptake, but I didn't realize Narnia was about God, I mean if this movie is the "anti-Narnia". I saw the movie and read the book and didn't catch that! I hope this movie is a HUGE success just to piss these yahoos off!

On another note, had my ps appt. yesterday. John went with me. She took the stitches out. That hurt a little. Only really on the left side for some reason. Same as last time. She said everything looks good, and the good news is I can take a bath again!! YEAH!! We had a bit of a time finding her new office--not really that hard to find once you know where it is, but a little tricky beforehand. At least one of the rooms is set up as a surgery room also. I am curious as to what kind of surgery she can do there. I will have to ask her when I go back in a month. She said the tape is the best thing to keep on the incision to help keep the scarring down. Huh, never would have thought of that. I will try it though!

Today was my appt with my oncologist. He didn't really have a lot to say. I need to go get my yearly pap done. Couldn't do it when it was time b/c chemo does weird things to the test I guess. I also need to talk to him (my ob/gyn) about having my ovaries removed. History of ovarian cancer in the family and higher risk b/c of the breast cancer--and with it being so hard to detect, I would just as soon dodge that bullet. Also, I am already going through menopause now, I would like to get the ovaries yanked before my period comes back and I start back at square one with this menopause crap!

Herceptin today too. I was saying something to the nurse about I don't know how I would function if I had to take the Benadryl all the time, it makes me so tired. She said I would have to take it at night. I didn't even think to ask if I could take it the night before for this. I had errands to run today to get ready for our neighborhood bon fire after Trick or Treating and was out of it!! All day actually!

My YSC email newsletter had this cute bag from Urban Outfitters. It is $15, and all proceeds go to the YSC. Click here to see it.

I am off to bed. I need to sleep. I will have to post a pic of John and I dressed up for Halloween soon. Don't know if I'll get a chance tomorrow. More errands, Fun Fair at the girls' school, then of course Trick or Treating. But I will do it soon.

0 comments: