Thursday, October 11, 2007

Slowing down a bit???

Cheerleading is done now--Yeah!! Less running around. They got 4th out of 6 squads on Sunday. I thought they did awesome. Especially considering they had girls quitting at the last minute and had to change things. I do agree with the judges that the facials (smiling)was not as good as it could have been. Some of the other squads were definitely better at that. And that their moves weren't nice and tight. What I don't agree with is that their routine wasn't difficult enough. It seemed more difficult than some of the others. I'm not 100% sure this is something the judges said though-I need to check on that. It has been nice this week to not have all the running to do in the evening. I still seem to be doing a lot of it during the day.

I don't need to go through recipe books, or spend all day making dinners--YEAH!! I went to GFS yesterday and got some frozen meals. I mean if this is the stuff that some restaurants serve, it should be good enough. They were around $10 each. I didn't think that was too bad. Ingredients would have cost at least half that! And it saves me having to make them. I got manicotti, lasagna, chicken and dumplings, and chicken fettuccine. Once I get some garlic bread and rolls, we'll be good to go. Plus I still have quite a bit on the gift card that the wonderful people from the office gave me. One less thing to worry about.

I am starting to freak out a little over this surgery. I'm not really sure why. I was ok with the last one, why should this one bother me? I'm sick of surgeries, I do know that. I absolutely hate anesthesia, too. But I will be that much closer to looking normal again. Hopefully they won't put as much pressure on my ribs. Not looking like I'm laying down, even when I'm standing up will be nice too. No more walking like a linebacker! Maybe part of my problem is that I am nervous to see how they turn out. I really don't want to have to do any revisions. More surgery--YUK! I am not getting as big as I would have liked, that kind of bums me out too. Although maybe they will look better than I am expecting. At least they will look right in shirts!! No longer square. She did say she probably wouldn't use any drains, so that is a plus!

On the way home Sunday night, we had a couple of motorcycles pass us and the car/truck in front of us. I don't know what was in front of us b/c they were pulling a huge trailer, and I never really saw the vehicle. The motorcycles and a truck flew around us. I looked at my speedometer, I was doing 58. They had to be doing at least 75. I noticed that the one closest to us was a chick. Well, one of the girls makes the comment that the bikes are loud--dad's isn't that loud. I explain that they are still on the gas and speeding up. Then you hear the engines drop off. Next thing I know the trailer in front of us slams on the brakes. They have their hazards on, I am thinking that something is wrong with their trailer and they are pulling over. As I go around them, I see something in the road. I of course am thinking deer--since there are so many around here. As I look over, I see parts of the bike and someone laying there. The guy is walking back towards this, I don't recall seeing the truck at all. There is a car pulled over and I stopped to ask if she is with them, if she is ok, and if she has a cell phone. She starts to ask me what happened, then realizes I am stopped on the road and tells me to go. I have Haley climb in the front seat to get my phone off the floor (where it fell when I slammed on the brakes). When I call 911 they say that the fire dept. and police are on their way already. Jenna must have said at least 10 times that the person looked like a star (arms and legs spread) and was laying face down. I don't think I truly processed what I had seen until I got home. I am extremely thankful for having such a big trailer in front of us, that we didn't see it happen. The girls seemed okay after about a half hour at home. I took an Ativan that night b/c when I closed my eyes, I saw the scene in my head. I cannot imagine what the person in front of me is going through, or of course those involved in the accident. According to the paper, she did survive (a major miracle in itself--she wasn't wearing a helmet). She is in serious condition. John heard that they are keeping her in a coma for now. Of course now Haley says that she will never ride a motorcycle or want her husband to get one. The paper says the lady hit the back end of a car (the lady I talked to maybe?). No one seems clear on whether the car pulled out in front of her, or if it was just going slow. It is all just another reminder of how things can change in an instant!

Well I am off to get a few things done before my drs appt. I have my pre op physical this afternoon.

0 comments: