Saturday, October 6, 2007

Catch up again...

I realize it has been a little while since my last post. There are a few reasons for that. One--it has just been insanely busy between running the girls, dr appts., getting a new truck, and trying to get things in line for the next surgery. Two--the idea of this blog was for it to be somewhat therapeutic. It has kind of lost that. Despite my warning on the side over there, I find myself censoring what I say so as to not upset people, or if I think it would be too much information for some.

I had an appt to have my blood checked on Thursday--this is for my thyroid. That medicine needed to be upped again. This coming Thursday I go back for my pre op appt.
The girls had a dentist appt about a week and a half ago. He wants us to consult with an orthodontist about Jenna. He thinks they may want to put her in braces now. Not a biggie I guess. We knew she would need them--both girls will I'm sure. And she is a little older now. I have a real hard time with braces on a first, second or third grader. I just don't get it--they haven't even lost all their teeth yet. Anyway, they gave us a few names, I will set that up for after surgery.

Cheerleading is coming to an end. Tomorrow is the big competition. They have worked their butts off this week with the extra practices. Tonight they went and had pizza and got their hair done (they have to all look the same!). It will be a long day tomorrow. And unfortunately the high school is not air conditioned--it is supposed to be 90 tomorrow. At least their holding area (the middle school) is air conditioned! I am glad they don't have school on Monday too. Gives them a little down time after all the craziness! They have worked really hard for this (the whole squad has). Believe it or not there have been girls quitting this week (including one that quit this morning--the day before competition)! One week left and they're done! The remaining girls have had to learn new parts to cover those that quit. I cannot believe that these parents let their kids quit like that.

I have been doing some major purging around here--cleaning closets and such. I have thrown away alot!! It feels better just having it done!

I don't have an official time yet, but my ps nurse called to let me know they had finally switched offices and to give me the new number, so I had asked her if she knew when my surgery would be. It kind of sucks having to wait until next Friday to find out. She said her times are usually right and I am in the books for 7:30. So I will have to be there are 6:15-6:30. This won't be official until the hospital calls on Friday. I'm glad it is in the morning. I am wondering if part of the reason the anesthesia bothers me so much is b/c I haven't eaten in so long. So this shouldn't be as bad-maybe. I get a headache, and sometimes queasy if I don't eat. When I said this to John, he rolled his eyes at me. Of course someone that can go days without eating wouldn't understand.

My funk is still here. Of course I have been busy enough that it doesn't effect me too often. I was in a funk when we went to see Wicked. It was pretty good. As much as I didn't like the book, I am almost tempted to reread it now to see if I maybe understand it better.

The girls are in speech. Their competition for that is November 10. So it is a very short season. I hope this brings Jenna out of her shell somewhat. They are also in band. That doesn't start until the 22cnd. I have had a couple of meetings to run to though. Jenna is playing the flute and Haley the clarinet. I told them that I should take piano lessons and we could play together.

Thank goodness cheerleading is done. This week will be a busy one. Just getting the house in order, stocking up, making dinners to freeze, and dr appt will keep me busy!! I have my Herceptin on Wednesday.

Well, I have some laundry to do and a kitchen to clean and then I am off to bed! Cross your fingers that the girls do good tomorrow!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

The girls may not have received the covenated award but they were awesome~ Kudos to Jenna and Haley.