Friday, October 26, 2007

Not Too Bad...

That was my day yesterday. I kept myself busy and didn't dwell on anything--thankfully. John and I took the dog to the vet yesterday morning--his skin is finally looking better. Then we came home and watched Alpha Dog. It was good. I don't always like the gang movies, but this was good. I also am not a fan of Justin Timberlake's music, but I like him. And he was good in this.

In the afternoon I went to Joliet to get my nails done. I wanted them done for Halloween. I had fake ones put on (which I am still getting used to). I think they look pretty cool.

Next I ran to Target. I picked up the Josh Groban Christmas CD. I know, I know, it is too early for Christmas music, but I was afraid by the time it was time for it, I wouldn't be able to find it. I did listen to it on the way home. I LOVE Josh Groban, and I LOVE Christmas music, so what a great combo! I also found jeans on clearance for the girls. They are needing jeans now that it is getting colder. I was hoping that growth spurt would hit before they needed them, but oh well. Hopefully it will hold off now until Christmas. Usually when I am lucky enough to find one pair of jeans in their size on the clearance rack--I either never can find another one, or they are ugly. I found 2 pairs!! Yeah!! And they actually like them.

Next I was off to Spirit Halloween to get my costume. Well, this was the only bit of bad luck I had. They didn't have the costume I wanted anymore. Not even any of the other ones I had thought about. Well, that is what I get for waiting so long to decide. Next time I will get one early.

My last stop was to Barnes and Noble to get some Starbucks. I decided to get one to bring home for the girls to split. On the way out, a young man held the door open for me saying "there you go miss". Then telling me "enjoy your day" after I thanked him. Not something you run into every day!

Not an overly exciting day, but a nice day. A day not spent dwelling on the significance of the date.

I did think of something else I have learned this year--that is to ask for help. This does not mean I am weak, it means I am human. And family and friends are more than willing to help out.

I should explain-I copied my entry yesterday from the bulletin board. That is why the reference to my "stats". My signature on there has all the information about diagnosis etc. Also, the reference to how "odd" it was that I was sitting in Target's parking lot...there was someone who came on the boards talking about how everyone on there needs to quit whining. She claims to have left her mastectomy and went to Target immediately after. So this is a reference used quite often on there.

I have put a link in the right column to the article. To make it a little easier to find.

Took the girls shopping for jeans today. Kohls was having an awesome sale! I also needed to look for not one, but two costumes now. John doesn't have to work tomorrow night, so he will be going with me to Matt and Melissa's. We won't match, but I think we are going to look good!

This has been a bad week for the bulletin board. We lost 2 ladies. One was only 35, an oncologist in Chicago. The other lady didn't post as much, I didn't really know her. We have also had 4 ladies have the beast come back. One lady is 24--this is the 3rd time dealing with this in 2 years.

But on the other hand.....one lady had her baby yesterday!!! Proof that there is life after breast cancer. This is her first baby---a girl. We are still waiting to hear the name!

Enjoy your weekend!

0 comments: