Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Sometimes....

Thinking of the title is a pain!! I have no snappy title today, sorry folks.

I am doing fine. Was still wired Tuesday--finally was able to sleep good Wednesday. That could be because I took the motion sick patch off, or because I took a sleeping pill. Or I guess it could be a little of both.

Tuesday SIL Ann took me to my drs appt. She said everything looked good. I think I may have hurt her feelings when she took the dressings off, asked me what I thought, and I just kind of stood there looking at myself in the mirror. She had called Monday night to check on me, and sounded really pleased with the way things had gone in surgery. Said she thought this looked natural (or as natural as a 40 yr old with perky breasts can look I guess). I really can't explain how I felt about the "girls" or "foobs" when I first saw them. Yeah, I have boobs, but they still don't look like mine. Of course we still have the nipple and areola to do, so that doesn't really help. As time is going on, I do believe I like them. Although they still have to settle, and the swelling needs to go down. She didn't seem to think there was too much swelling, which is good. To get the total Va Va Voom look, I will still need a bra. The side view doesn't look like much, but, the top view looks pretty good. I am a little more sore on the left side for some reason---Jenny says maybe b/c I am a righty and that side isn't as developed. I was sleeping in bed from the first night--that is a nice change. Didn't really want to be doing the whole recliner thing again! I can somewhat sleep on my side already too. Although the last couple of nights I can't seem to lay on the left, and I can't get comfy any other way--go figure!! I am more sore this week than last week too. Probably have been doing a little more than I should. But I feel so good. Seems really silly to not do stuff. I am completely terrified of ripping those internal stitches. So maybe that will keep me in line. I quit taking the vicodin Thursday morning. I didn't want that to cover any feeling if I was doing too much. I did take a couple Sunday as I was pretty sore then. I was getting a headache from it, and it tends to bind me up. Has to be taken with a stool softener. I get this strange sensation on my back-left side--sometimes too. The only way I can think to describe it is it feels like a piece of tape that popped lose all of the sudden. I asked Jenny about it--she thought maybe a nerve twinge? Makes sense to me. I will have to remember to ask the dr about it though.

Wednesday I started driving. Not a lot, just picked the girls up from school. Oh, I dropped them off that day too so Jenna could work the morning store. Thursday I dropped them off again, I wasn't feeling too great that day.I dropped Haley off at gymnastics, luckily John was able to pick her up. Friday I had an interview for the local paper. It being breast cancer month I had emailed the paper saying that if they were going to do a story, I would be available to talk. Pam-the paper's editor--is also Mom's best friend's daughter. She had actually called to try and set up a time for Friday the 12th-when I was running a ton of errands, or Monday the 15th, which I obviously couldn't do. She was busy over the weekend, so we decided on the 19th. I was still worried that I wouldn't know what to say, but when I got there I seemed to have plenty to say! I probably sounded like an insane person, jabbering away! And of course I thought of more to say after I left her, but the poor lady isn't writing a book! I am not sure when this is supposed to be in the paper. If there is a link online I will post it here. She is also going to do a side bar on the Young Survival Coalition..

Saturday we went to the JR Football Superbowl. This is the first time a Braidwood team has made it to the Superbowl. They were also hosting the event, which was even better. They didn't win unfortunately. We stayed for the game after also. By the time we left it was after 9, cold and I had a headache. I think going to this game may be why I was sore on Sunday, but that's okay!! Sunday we were up at John's Mom and Dad's. By the time we left I was kind of wore out. Definitely sore. I have to wear a sports bra when I sleep, the rest of the day I can take it off. Well I have been wearing it all day--that gets a little old, but it feels better. Last night I switched to a tank with built in bra--I think I will use that for the day and stick with the bra for night.

Last night we took the girls to Spirit Halloween for costumes. Actually, Jenna wants to be a dead hillbilly, so I will have to hit the resale shops for her. Haley found something surprisingly quick. She is going to be a goth chick. I still have to get my costume, I am thinking I am going to be Goth Ann. Think- Raggedy Ann, with black hair and black and white clothes. After a quick trip to Target we went to Apple Bee's for dinner. It was delicious! Again though--sore by the time we get home.

I did the free trial on the Netflix--so I could watch movies while I recuperate. It's pretty nice deal actually!! I have watched~
Vacancy--good movie, nice and creepy scary--not gory.
Disturbia--pretty good also--again, not gory
Wild Hogs--This was cute.
1408--the unrated directors cut version. This was good. I am curious to reread the story now and see how it is different.
300--Really, really thought I was going to like this one. Couldn't get into it at all. I even turned it off before it was done, I can't even tell you the last time I've done that!

I now have Alpha Dog--One I got for John and bumped up on my list b/c he was laid off. And Omen IV. I didn't realize there was a 4. I want to see 3, they seem to play 1 and 2 on tv all the time. With Netflix they don't know when 3 will be available.

John and I were in the attic today. We found the box that had stuff from when the girls were born. My journal to them, extra pics from the hospital--which I gave them some, and the newspaper article from when they were born. They enjoyed that. Haley wants to take it to school tomorrow.

Oh--hair update. It is growing, although not fast enough. It seems to be thick. I combed it all down last night to let it dry that way. I told John if I had blond hair I would look like Mia Farrow in Rosemary's Baby. After she chops it all off. Actually, I just looked for a pic to post here, and my hair isn't even that long yet. Darn! Someone posted this website today with short haircuts. I will have to keep checking it as my hair grows out.

Well, enough for now. I guess I should write more often so I don't have to write so much at a time. You think?? All I can say is thank goodness blogger now auto saves every couple of minutes! While I was writing about the movies, I lost everything!! I could have never remembered what was written. I actually lost it twice--the second time when writing about Mia Farrow. That time I got the IE error. Oh well, at least it was all still here!

0 comments: