Thursday, April 19, 2007

Same Old..

I am still here.. for those who check on a regular basis. I haven't written lately for a couple of reasons, I haven't felt like it, and there is really nothing new to report. I get tired of writing (and your probably tired of reading) about how I feel. It really hasn't changed much. I wish I could say that it has. I'm waiting!

Back in January, before surgery, I was supposed to meet up with the IL gals from the YSC, that didn't happen because it was supposed to snow (it didn't). Well we have now set a new date of May 5th. I'm sure we won't have to worry about snow this time!

I have a date to begin the reconstruction process. June 27th at 12:30. Dr. S had said she is planning on keeping me overnight, b/c of how far I live from the hospital, but that if I am ready to go home that night, she will let me. Well, you know me a hospitals, I will be doing all I can to go home that night! This surgery is to place the expanders, which will stretch the muscle and skin to make room for the implant. An uncomfortable, but necessary process. The expander is filled slowly, in my case a little every week, beginning a couple weeks after surgery. We are looking at the swap out surgery to be sometime in Sept. Different Drs do this different ways. Some are willing to fill more at a time, but do so less often. Hopefully the way she does it will make it less painful.

The girls have their Spring Program today. I will wait and go to the one tonight with John. Last year I ended up going both in the afternoon and evening, that was kind of silly! Plus I really shouldn't be hanging out around that many people right now.

I did a little bit of running in just my scarf yesterday. I really haven't had the nerve to do that yet. To drop Haley off at gymnastics--yeah b/c I wasn't getting out of the car. But I am getting tired of throwing the wig on all the time. I put it on to go vote Tuesday!! I was gone a total of 10 minutes, but had to put it on!! Yesterday I ran in the grocery store in my scarf. Not the one right in town, couldn't bring myself to do that. But the store the next town over. Small steps!!

Chicago won the Olympic bid!! Silly me, I thought that was it. I thought this was the final decision! NO! It was to decide who could put in a bid for the US!! Now we are up against places like Rome, Madrid, Prague. It would be awesome if we got it. What an experience! I might have to see about voluteering (do they have volunteers?). And just imagine the jobs it would create!! Esp for guys/gals in the trades--building all of that stuff!!!

On a completely different note, I cannot imagine how a 23 year old could be so mad, and think life was so bad, that he needed to shoot over 50 people! I mean really! Obviously my mind doesn't work like that--thank goodness! But at the "ripe" old age of 23, what could be so bad? My heart goes out to all the families effected, however they are effected. This does include the killer's family. They lost their son in the normal sense, but they also lost him in another way. The boy they knew, wasn't really who he was, that has to be hard on them. I hope that the families of those who were killed, wounded, or effected in anyway by this tragedy, are able to get the help they need. That they get through this, and are able to move on.

For those that live close to me, the library is having their book and bake sale this Saturday at 9. This is a good way to try out a book--cheap!

0 comments: