Tuesday, February 6, 2007

What is going on??

Ok. I knew something was up. The date was being mentioned way too often. Then I was told not to plan anything for Feb 10th. Well, as that is only 3 weeks out from surgery--not a problem! Now yesterday, John says don't plan anything Saturday or Sunday?? Hmmmm....I started out thinking some kind of get together with family. But 2 days?? Has to be an overnite. Where?? I could probably pump the girls for info, but wouldn't do that to them. Trying to figure it out is fun too. One concern I do have is if I will have to dress up. I will have to ask John at least that much. I don't think I have anything that I can dress up in that is going to be very flattering with no chest. I don't have falsies yet,haven't really decided if I want to even mess with them. If insurance pays, I guess it wouldn't hurt.

We were watching a movie this weekend with a somewhat flat chested actress. John made the comment that I look about like her now. I told him that I was just thinking the same thing, but didn't want to say it because it sounds rude!!

It is so freaking cold!!! I cannot warm up!! John was sent home from work yesterday b/c of the cold. So he went to lunch with mom and I, and then to my follow up with my primary care dr. I knew it would be pretty much a waste of time. He asked how I was doing and listened to my heart and lungs. He also suggested a flu shot since I will be starting chemo. Oh yeah!! So I got that yesterday too.

Wondering about these drs thermometers also. The plastic surgeon's had me at 100.6, and I felt fine. (I thought she said 106, but that couldn't be it. They would have been alarmed about that.) I got home, and took it, mine said 98 and I was a little wore out. Yesterday, they tell me I have a slight fever, 99, I get home and it is 98.4. And I took it on 2 different thermometers that time. Must be the difference of taking it in the ear? I usually have a lower temp. 98.3 is about my norm.

Susie and B (sister-in-law and brother-in-law) found a new house!! They are buying this one and selling their current one through me. Luckily, a colleague of mine (Linda Hentsch) has generously offered to help out. She has been awesome. I am so happy for Susie and B. I think they will really be happy with this house.

Not feeling the greatest today. Just kind of blah... and uncomfortable. Probably since we have been on the go since Friday. I should relax a bit before the girls get home.

0 comments: