Tuesday, February 13, 2007

My Weekend

Ok, over did it again today, so sore and tired. This won't be a long post, but I wanted to let you know what my surprise was this past weekend.

We dropped the girls off at Grandma's, they were set to have their own fun for the weekend. When we got back in the car I asked John how long of a drive we were in for. He said about 2 1/2 hours! OK, we had already picked up an I Pass, so I knew we were headed North, must be Wisconsin, but where?? We ended up in Oconomowoc (go ahead and try to say it!!! I dare you!). There is a gorgeous bed and breakfast there called the Inn at Pine Terrace.
I was going to post my pics here--and may still, but figured the website has awesome pictures!! We were in room 16. It was absolutely beautiful! The house was awesome. I love older homes!! I was walking around this one saying that I can't imagine living like that. Then we find out it was just the original builders' SUMMER home!! Wow! We had dinner at a restaurant on the lake, and then stopped in an Irish pub for a few drinks. It was a wonderful day/evening.

The next morning, had to try out the jacuzzi tub, then off to breakfast. Breakfast souffle' and something chocolate. It tasted like a muffin, but was shaped like a mini bundt cake. We met the owner-found out they have only had the place for about 4 months. Then it was time to leave--already!! I did the touristy thing and took pics. I needed this weekend. Needed a break from everything, and this was perfect!

We picked up the girls (after staying to chat for awhile) and I think everyone crashed but me! I didn't manage to fall asleep until 2:30 am, even though I really couldn't sleep the night before (and I'm not sure why--the bed was comfy!!).

Yesterday I met Susie and B at the house they are buying so that the home inspector could do his thing. Michael followed the inspector around while Susie and I chatted and I got to play with Ceci. She is so darn cute! I was carrying her around half the time though, without thinking about it. Later, I was a little sore and realized she is probably over my lifting limit right now--oops!

Today the girls had a snow day. I had nothing planned--wanted to relax after all the activity lately, so I didn't mind and took a snow day too. The girls tried to shovel the drive for John, but it was too deep. Poor John got home from work and had to shovel. He isn't feeling good either, so this really sucked for him. I was looking for his snow boots for him, I never did find them. I know I put them up because they don't get used that much, this is probably the first time in a couple of years he has needed them. While looking I went in the crawl space (shouldn't have, have to lift my own body weight to get back out), and the attic (again a no-no, lift arms too high to get the door down). So I am extremely sore right now. I believe I will be taking a Vicadin tonight.

Off to watch "Dirt". Have you seen this?? Very different, some strange elements to it(like the guy who thinks the dead star is his girlfriend!), but I like it!!

0 comments: