Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Thanks Brittney, and the Funk...

Sorry it has been a little while folks. Just didn't feel like posting. Kind of like when I don't feel like talking!! You will notice me disappear from time to time. But I will be back!! Don't think anything bad has happened, I may just be taking a break.

The time I have been on the computer lately, I have trying to get back into the swing of work. Once I see how chemo goes I will be better able to plan my schedule. Hopefully it won't be bad, other than going bald!

That brings me to Ms. Brittney. I am not a fan of hers--I think she has/had potential, but that she is heading down the wrong path now. But, maybe her shaving her head will make it "in style" to be bald. Not too long before I will be! So for that, thank you Brittney. The comments some of her so called fans are making though. One reportedly said something to the effect of "who told her the coked out cancer patient look is in?" Thanks! Some people should really think before they open their mouths!

I was in a terrible funk Monday and yesterday,until after surgery. I couldn't seem to shake it. I needed a good cry I think, which I couldn't manage to do until we were on the way to the hospital. John of course was being supportive, trying to point out the positive. I finally snapped a little and told him that I am normally positive and he knows that, that I am gonna have off days. I think surgery just scares me to death!! Even though this was just out patient. I think what freaks me out most is the lack of control. They put you out and could be doing anything to you. I am sick of surgery already, and I'm not even halfway through! The next one should be about 4 months out though.

Surgery went well, they put the port in for chemo. I am very sore in that spot, I have been taking the vicadin for that. I plan on taking it easy today. I was home by 3:30 yesterday. They put me into a "twilight", which is out, but not asleep. Although I did fall asleep. They also give you something so you don't remember what happens. That is probably why I can't remember them waking me up. I know I was talking to the nurse that wheeled me out of there, but can't remember what I said.

Susie emailed me the other day to tell me she is planning on doing the 3 day walk in Chicago in my honor. She has talked Jenny into it too. That is a lot of money to raise!! Their team goal is $5000! It is incredibly sweet of them. And how appropriate that the walk is on my birthday weekend!! Once they get their web pages done, I will post them here. I will also post the Relay for Life pages.

Susie and Jenny were talking about this Saturday Night Live skit that was on this past week. Junior went to find it on You Tube, so I watched too. I is pretty darn funny. Some people may not like it, might find it offensive. If that is you, don't click the link!! If however you would like a good chuckle, check it out!!!

Oh--almost forgot. They slathered some blue crap on me yesterday, so I look like I am turning into a smurf. Well I told the girls this is something b/c of the surgery and that they said it would only get worse. That probably by this weekend my whole face would be blue! Now remember, we have the kids party on Friday and the family one on Saturday for their birthday. Haley just kind of shrugged, like oh well. Jenna said that then she would be called the daughter of a smurf!! I kept it going until this morning. Then I told them the truth!! I was fun to tease them like that though!

Well, I am actually feeling a little sick to my stomach now, so I am going to go lay down for a bit.

0 comments: