Sunday, January 14, 2007

What a Weekend!!

Saturday wasn't too bad. Still tearing up everytime I think of surgery. Not sure why it is bothering me all of the sudden. Until about Wednesday, I was more freaked about the surgery itself, not what they would be doing. Now it is both! Can't keep my mind focused on the fact that I am getting the cancer cut out--that is the important thing. Maybe it is bothering me because I can't be in control. I guess that could be it.

We went up to see John's mom in the Hospital in Glenbrook. She had her other foot corrected. Unfortunatly they had an issue with getting it closed back up. Now she needs a skin graft which they won't be doing until Monday or Tuesday. She was supposed to come home Sunday!! She isn't thrilled with the extra stay time, and I can't say that I blame her. We again ran into traffic on the way up. Took us 45 minutes to drive maybe 15 miles. Not sure what the distance was for sure. There was an overturned semi. Damn gawkers!! Why do people have to be so nosey!! I wouldn't want to look! I don't want to see someone mangled.

Anyway, Ma seems to be doing fine. She says she is not in a lot of pain. We stayed for a couple of hours. Jenna seemed a little leary of all the equiptment. Haley just sat on the bad with Grandma.

On the way home, we stopped at Applebee's. John had gotten a gift certificate from work for there. The dinner was pretty good, and luckily we didn't have to wait too long. We hadn't eaten since our late breakfast, and it was taking a toll on the girls. Jenna was getting crabby, and Haley's belly was getting upset. So we ordered an appetizer, which we never do. It did work though!! I hadn't even thought of bringing some kind of snack for the girls! They are getting so big, I really didn't think of it. Why I thought they could go from 11 am to 6:30-7 pm without eating, I'm not sure!

Today we really didn't do anything. Watched the Bears game. This was another bad day for me. Just really having a hard time with things lately. Went to take a nice long, hot bath tonight. Thought I wanted to be by myself, but when John came in, I found I kind of needed him there. I was crying again he sat down and really talked me through it. He was awesome. I wasn't completely better, but could manage. I do think letting the tears out helped also. Although John did manage to get me to laugh a couple of times. Snickers, not a big gafaw, but it helped.

Tonight was supposed to be the meeting with the IL YSC gals. At a yummy sounding Italian restaurant in Chicago. All week they talked of a storm. All week it didn't change. So we cancelled. Then NO SNOW!!! I was looking forward to meeting the ladies. We are going to reschedule though. It will probably be sometime in February now. What a bummer though!!

This emotional roller coaster is insane!! Not liking it at all. Here's hoping tomorrow is better.

0 comments: