Tuesday, January 9, 2007

Touchy Couple of Days...


I think my period may be coming on. I am hoping so anyway. I have been doing so great with everything lately, until the last couple of days. There are points during the day that I just feel really down, and like I could just curl up in a ball and cry!! Once John and the girls get home I am distracted enough to not think about things. Have taken my little sleep helper the last 2 nights--am thinking about tonight! I am running around trying to get a bunch of things done before surgery, so I am keeping busy. But that date is drawing near--maybe that is the problem? Who knows!!

I got the Christmas stuff down today. The house looks so naked!! I need to put the other stuff back up. I do believe that putting the stuff back in the attic will wait til this weekend!

I called one of my YSC buddies (more like sisters actually) today, Alex. She is such a sweetheart, and an extremely strong woman!! She had her bilateral mastectomy this past Friday. She is sore, and moving a little slower--but doing remarkably well for someone less than a week out of surgery. We talked for about a half hour. I could have talked longer, but I know she needs her rest. I have also been "chatting" with Christy, who had her bilateral on the 29th of Dec. She is also doing remarkably well. They both have been wonderful with answering my questions. They have put my mind at ease a little over this surgery. I am thinking that it may be easier to recover from this than the c-section when I had the girls, as the stomach muscles are not involved.

I'm hoping it doesn't snow--or at least not too much. I am supposed to be meeting the other IL ladies from the YSC list on Sunday in Chicago. This should be a blast!!! I hate driving in the snow though, so again-- no snow please!!!

I have a couple of phone calls I HAVE to return tomorrow. These are friends who have reached out, and I have not had a chance to call them back. I do need to do this.

I believe work is going to have to be put on hold for now. I don't have to give up any clients, or keep anyone waiting though, as a few of the wonderful ladies in my office have offered to help as I do what I need to do to get better. I do believe it is time to take them up on their generous offer. Surgery is 9 days away, but I have a great deal to get done between now and then. This would take a load off my mind. And I believe it is the best way to serve my clients. I have a hard time with people helping me. Everyone has been so generous with the offers, I need to step back and let them help. I am also finding out that people NEED to help. Helps them to help you (or me in this case).

Oh and that watching what I eat and exercising I mentioned before? Yeah that hasn't really been happening! I have been getting the exercise with all the stuff I have been doing around the house. But I have been eating so much I make myself sick--literally!! This has got to stop!!

Well since my dishes are still waiting for me, I guess I should get to them, so I can get some sleep!

0 comments: