Sunday, January 28, 2007

Overwhelming....

The love, support, and help that has come our way this week is overwhelming! I am truly an extremely lucky person to have such an awesome support system around me!
I have received so many flower arrangements and cards this week. The house smells wonderful!! And looks like a floral shop! John has been keeping them all watered for me. The cards I have set out so that I can see them all the time.

My mom took off work this week and was here Monday-Thursday. I'm sure that wasn't a blast for her. The girls got out of school early Wednesday, so mom took us to the library--just to get out! She also got me an MP3 player loaded with some audio books. I have had several other visitors, my girlfriend Cindy, SIL Jennifer and nephew Jack, SIL Ann and nephew Ethan, and sister Michelle, just to name a few.
And food!! We are set for food for a little while!! I have a few things people brought over early, and my neighbor Ann had set up meals for the week. It is such a treat to have hot delicious meals dropped off at your door. John says I should go in the hospital more often.

Yesterday we ventured out to John's mom's. It was nice to get out. I was a little sore when we got back though. Matt and Melissa stopped by with their girls for a visit last night. Oh, and before we left yesterday, John and Haley cleaned the house! I have a hard time sitting watching someone else do my stuff!! Which is probably why I have never really given the girls chores. Mom wanted to do laundry for me. We started it Wednesday, and were going to finish Thursday, but I managed to get it done. I can't see having her do my laundry when she has her own to do.
Today, Cindy, Jeff and their girls came by. They brought pizza from Cemeno's. See, spoiled!!!

I am still sore. Down to taking the pain pills once every 8-12 hours. Still having to sleep in the recliner. Hoping the drains come out Tuesday. I am not draining a lot, but it hasn't dropped much either.

Thank you to everyone!!! You have made this ordeal much more bareable!

0 comments: