Thursday, January 24, 2008

WoooHooo...

Ok, maybe it is just a little too early to celebrate. But I only have 4 more Herceptin infusions to go. April 15th is the last one!! Then I see about getting this damn port out. I have to admit I am a little apprehensive about this, as it means we are done with all treatment, we have done all we can do. Will it be enough?? Or somewhere down the road do I have to do this all over again?? I choose to believe it will be enough. I have to hold onto that. It will be really weird not having all the dr appts though. I know they will monitor me closely-that helps.

As for the friends I asked for the thoughts and prayers for the other day.....Courtney does not have cancer in her spinal fluid! Yeah. They don't have the final path report yet, but her dr is fairly certain. She does have bone mets though, that was found out before this latest scare. And Danica does have leukemia, but it is a new primary-this isn't the kind you get from chemo. She is now in the hospital in New York, her family taking care of her 3 kids, while she has chemo everyday for at least the next 21 days.

As for these nips--still not sure. I will have to ask her next week how much I can expect them to go down. Hopefully alot. Alot!! I do think one is just a tad higher than the other. They are shaped slightly different, so maybe that lends to that effect.

0 comments: