Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Here's to the end of 2007

Can't say that I am that sad to see it go. It wasn't all bad, not by a long shot, but way too much I would rather forget. This year I work on getting me back. Or the new version of me at least. I have two resolutions this year;

1--be healthier. This embodies so much. Eating better, exercising, taking care of me, etc., but I have rolled it all into one.

2--Stay in touch (and reestablish contact) with everyone better. I am going to try to answer those emails quicker (you know how it goes-you save it to answer later and it gets lost in the shuffle, never answered), call friends I haven't talked to in awhile. Spend time with friends.


New Year's Eve, the girls slept over at a friends house, which left John and I free. We went to Merichka's with his family (YUM!!), then over to (SIL) Ann's. We weren't planning on staying until midnight b/c we didn't want to be on the road with the idiots. We ended up not leaving her house until 11:50 (why we didn't just stay the other 10 minutes--I don't know). It took us an hour to get home. It was snowing and blowing. We didn't see another car until we were almost home, and didn't see any police cars. I am thinking someone would have to have been blatantly drunk before they would get pulled over anyway. I mean who would want to be out in that even to write a ticket!


Sunday (the 30th) I went up to Greek Town to meet with some of the ladies from the YSC Bulletin Board. We had a real nice time. We need to do that more often. Once a month would be good. There were 8 of us there. This isn't the best pic--we had three people taking pictures for us-that is why we are all looking all over.

Today was a Herceptin day. In talking with some of the other gals, I'm not totally sure anymore that it is the Benadryl making me tired. I don't think it helps, but some get tired from the Herceptin and don't take the benadryl beforehand. On days I have treatments, I don't really plan anything. That way I can relax, nap if need be. Well of course today the girls were still on Christmas vacation. So when I gave myself that hour to fall asleep, they had to wake me up. And the real kicker is, they didn't seem to notice I was around until I dozed off. Haley had to ask where a certain nail polish was, then a few minutes later show me her nails. Jenna woke me up to tell me something, then wouldn't tell me. And this is with John on the computer in the same room. That was all in a half hour, so I gave up. They did let me take a bath in peace when I first got home. That was nice.

Here's to a great 2008!

0 comments: