Sunday, July 1, 2007

One the Road.....




...to getting back to myself.

Surgery went fine Wednesday. I did still react to the anesthesia, but no where near as bad as last time!! The dr had said while I was in recovery that I could go home. I knew I was not ready though. I wasn't able to keep any pain meds down, and though I was hungry (that didn't hit until 2 am last time) I couldn't keep the food down either. During the night I was able to keep jello and sherbet down, so my stomach did get better. We were home by 10-10:30 on Thursday.

I have pretty much been living in the recliner. That is the only place that I am comfortable to sleep right now. It is easier to get up too.

Oh, and the really great thing---no drains!! I was prepared for two. I had four after the last surgery. So when it dawned on me that I didn't have any--it was a very pleasant surprise!! I had even gotten my fanny pack down, thinking that if I went somewhere maybe I could somewhat hide the drains in there.

I go Thursday for a post op, then the following week to get stitches out and begin filling. She did fill a little bit when she put them in. I actually have small boobs now--instead of an indent! Part of it is swelling though. I am currently walking like a football player or Quasimodo--I can't decide which.

I am actually getting around pretty good. Haley and I went for a walk last night. We passed a group of younger boys--Haley said she thinks they laughed at me. I explained to her that what a bunch of young hoodlums thought really didn't matter to me!!

If I try to do too much, I get sore. I don't try to lift or reach. But if I am up and about too much I get tired and sore. I have to remember that my body needs rest so it can concentrate on healing, and not getting an infection. (Which I am taking antibiotics for just in case).

I want to say Thank You! To everyone that has helped, visited and brought food by. I (we) really do appreciate it.

I am actually a little excited. I am on the road to normal again.(Now I just need the darn hair to grow!!) I have told pretty much everyone that I am going to get something out of this. I had to go through all this crap--I deserve something. Bigger, perkier boobs is a start!! Ooops. I guess that might have been too much for some.

0 comments: