Saturday, July 7, 2007

After talking....

with some of the girls on the list, I realize what has been going on is normal, part of the process. A few good points made;
*The family is just used to me doing things. They are probably more than willing to help, but need to be asked, or possibly even trained in this area.
*This has effected the whole family-which I realize-they want it to be over. Honestly, nobody wants that more than me, but we have a ways to go yet.

I am actually feeling pretty good. I do get sore and tired if I try to do too much. I have decided that I will do what I feel like, and rest when needed. That is the best for everyone I think. The girls and I straightened up the house yesterday. John had done the laundry Thursday night. That was very helpful. I was planning on doing that yesterday with the girls, but we just had to put it away. Then we got to spend some time in the pool. I have an awesome raft with a back rest and arms on it. I just floated around on that, since I am not really supposed to be in the pool yet. I was a little tired when we got out of the pool, so I relaxed for awhile. I was sore last night too. Maybe did a little too much.

I am back to sleeping in the bed too. The recliner is ok to sleep in for a bit, but I am tired of it. Sleeping in the bed isn't too bad if I have a pillow to hug. But it is kind of funny, I can be completely comfortable when I doze off, and will wake up in the exact same postion, in pain. I don't know if the expanders shift, if the water in them shifts, or what the deal is. I also have a hard time staying asleep b/c one minute I am cold, the next on fire! The chillow I got--I don't know if I set it up right. I will have to ask someone about that. The time I used it started off great--it was nice and cold. Then a few hours later I woke up and it was no longer cool. Everytime I woke up, I was hot and my head was sticking to the pillow case!! I would love it if it stayed cool all night!

Went to see the plastic surgeon Thursday. She is happy with the way everything looks. She changed the tapes. Next week, stitches come out and the first fill. John saw the incision as she was changing tapes and said it looked good.

This has been a dark time on the Young Survival Boards lately. There seems to be a trend of ladies having mets (cancer coming back in another area). This is obviously scary. It can happen to any of us. I am still trying not to worry about it until it happens to me (IF it happens to me--and that is still a big if!). I feel absolutley horrible for these ladies. It is not a death sentence. But it is going back into treatment when you have been finished for awhile, or were almost finished. Someone really needs to find a cure for this crap!

I hope everyone is staying cool in this heat. I think I am going to go float around the pool some more.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry that you are going through this misery.

I have information on an option that you may want to look at.

I am one of a group of people who work with cancer survivors. We cannot change what you have already had to endure, but we can help you prevent a re occurrence of the cancer and make this the last time you have to endure this pain and misery.

Please contact me if you are interested in information or wish to talk to someone who has been where you are.

There is hope for you to live a totally cancer free life.