Friday, March 7, 2008

Birthdays, Bon Jovi, and Bodies

That is what has been keeping me busy lately.



Birthdays....The girls had a good birthday this year. It is so hard to believe that they are 11. It has definitely gone by fast. That Friday they had their kid party. They had invited 3 friends each to spend the night. In the end only 3 total could make it. They ate pizza, played Dance Dance Revolution, and checked out schoolmates MySpace pages (I have to admit a few of those scared me, these girls are only 11--and what some of them have on their MySpace is just wrong). They also played a game where one of them was blind folded and put make up on another one. I think everyone had fun. Jenny came down to help me keep my sanity. This year actually wasn't too bad. They kind of did their own thing. And once they all settled in to the living room for the night, I put a dvd in my laptop, plugged in the headphones and didn't hear them. It was kind of nice.

Of course we pretty much took the next day to recuperate. Then Sunday was the family party. John had just gotten off nights that morning and wasn't feeling well. But I think the girls enjoyed themselves. Now I get to take them shopping with their gift cards and such.

On Monday, the girls' actual birthday, was pretty low key. The girls had volleyball after school. Then they got their presents from us. (Which they had been trying to get out of us for the past few days.) No new cake--we still had 2 partial cakes from Sunday and a big cookie from Friday's party.



Bon Jovi--Tuesday night was the Bon Jovi concert. I have been a fan of his since the 80's. He is one of my all time favorites (and so damn hot!). John had gone to the dr earlier and found out he had an upper respiratory infection, so he decided not to go with me. Ann (H) had said awhile back that she wanted first dibs on the ticket if he couldn't go for some reason. So Ann and I it was. We made great time getting up there. I didn't know for sure where the seats were until we got there, as I had gotten them through the fan club. We find the FC table and get our tickets..row 19 sect 3. Not as close as I would have liked, but still good seats. Once we sat down though, I realized they weren't bad seats at all!! They were actually quite good. And we were right by the side stage he would be coming out on later! Chris Daughtry opened for him. I got good pictures during this, and the first half of Bon Jovi. Then... I dropped my camera!! It wouldn't work after that. DAMN!!! This was before he hopped on the side stage!! Oh, well, it did let me concentrate on the concert and not on taking pics. I have found someone online (you tube) that took video that had to be sitting right where we were. They have agreed to burn me a copy of the videos they have when they get a chance (yeah!!). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SPVdJ3BELY This is a link to one of the videos. We were that close!! It was sooo awesome! He first popped up on that stage (even though I KNEW he was going to), My heart started racing! He picked a girl that was right behind him to come up with him. He danced with her, whispered in her ear, gave her a kiss, and smacked her ass. I think I would have fainted! It was an awesome concert. The energy in the place was unreal. And the band played songs not usually on the set list. Songs that not everyone would know. This was nice. Jon and Chris Daughtry sang "Blaze of Glory" together and it ROCKED! Bon Jovi played for almost 3 hours, and he never stopped moving! There was a Tribune review after the Saturday night show that said they were getting old and lethargic--He definitely proved them wrong! This was Ann's first Bon Jovi concert, and I think she is looking forward to the next one. Me, I wish I had been one of those people I had made fun of that went to all three Chicago shows.



Bodies--this was part of our Vegas trip......that review follows.....



Tonight I have to head off to Indianapolis. I am going for YSC Point of Contact training. This is the closest they will be. And though I want to do it, the timing stinks, I really don't want to go again this weekend. At least the girls will have their dad here.

0 comments: