Saturday, December 23, 2006

Wow---times does fly!!

I knew I had been a little busy to get on here and post--but I didn't realize it had been that long!!

I did hear back from my surgeon. He was very understanding of my going to another PS, made sure I knew he would forward any test results, paperwork etc. that she might need. He did also offer to talk to the first PS--but I beleive he was very set in his ways. And honestly, I'm not sure I would want him working on me, even if he came back and said--sure I will do it the "normal" way!! My bilateral mastectomy date has been set. January 19th. That brings it back into focus and makes it more real. Was having a hard time for a few days after this was set. Very weepy. Posted about it on the YSC boards, and got a lot of support! I love those ladies. I truly think I would be a basket case with out them. Another lady, is having her surgery on the 5th, and seems ok with things. Just considers it to be getting the cancer out of there. I am finally getting to that point-she was my inspiration. Still is hard to fathom that I have to lose part of my body to beat this. But so be it!

Found out my insurance only pays for 2 consults--one of which was used up on the first PS. So I called Dr. S's office to see if they could give my number to one of their patients and have them give me a call. Talked to the office manager Jan. She said they normally only do this for established patients, but after I explained my situation, she was more than willing to help. That afternoon I recieved a call from DeAnn. She was so generous with her time, talking to me for over an hour!! She is a BC survivor. She was diagnosed approx 6 years ago, when her kids were 6 and 9. She really likes the dr and loves the work she does. I felt better about meeting with the dr after talking with her. And to prove how small of a world it is, she is the co-chair for the Relay for Life event that we do! The office manager--I asked her her opinion also--she said she has been working with Dr. S for 15 years--wouldn't have stayed that long if she didn't like the dr.

Keeping busy with the holidays I believe has helped to keep my mind off of things. Been going full tilt, and collapsing into bed at night. Today was supposed to be an easy day--as well as tomorrow--so that I could totally enjoy the holiday and not be wore out. Well, today was still a busy day. But I do plan on taking it easy tomorrow until it is time to go.

Thursday was our cookie day. Neither Ann or I really felt like making the cookies, but still wanted them to be there (where are those cookie elves when you need them??). We were very efficient at getting them done--yet again. We work like a well oiled machine at getting those cookies out. Although, we have been doing it since before the girls were born--so at least 10 years!

Well everything is wrapped and under the tree. All that I have left to do is make a couple of dishes for Monday and laundry. Debating on making the dishes tonight, so I can truly have an easy day tomorrow! I am running out of steam though.

I love the Holidays--even with all the hustle and bustle!!

0 comments: