Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Twas the week after Christmas...

Christmas was wonderful. Those of you that know me, know that I am a Christmas nut!! I do love this time of year. Of course I protect myself from some of the craziness of it. One way is by staying out of the stores after a certain point.

I think the girls ripped through their presents in record time this year!!! They seemed very happy with what they got. One thing was a desk for their rooms, which John put together yesterday. I am now in the process of cleaning out all the garbage out of their rooms. They want them rearranged, but I told them they had to be cleaned first. The amount of barely worn, or new clothes that I pulled out of their room bothers me!! I will be taking the clothes to my friend Aileen's shop Still Stylin'. Then at least I can earn some money back!

The girls and John got me a Sirius Radio (yeah!! 80's Hair Nation--here I come!)as well as a robe and slippers. The robe is super soft!! I have to say that the girls did really well at not giving anything away. Christmas Eve, my mom and dad also gave me a robe. A red one, I do like red. The girls didn't even flinch!! I am impressed! I for one don't think having 2 robes is a bad thing. So I am keeping both of them!

Christmas Eve was spent at my sister's. A nice quiet evening. Christmas Day was spent at John's parent's. I was so darn tired, but I still enjoyed it.

Tomorrow we are off to Hobby Lobby so the girls can spend their gift cards. I am trying to impress on them that they do not have to spend it all at once. Not sure if I got through or not. I guess I'll find out! I will also be showing some houses to my Sister-in-law and Brother-in-law. I need to get my head back into my business, I kind of lost it a little with the recent diagnoses. I have a couple of friends at the office that can fill in for me when needed. This is a huge help! Helps me know that my clients are taken care of--one less thing to worry about!

Well I think I need to get the girls moving. They seem to think that Christmas vacation means stay up til midnight every night. They need to go to bed--cuz I need to go to bed! I said they could watch Criss Angel, then off to bed!!

I need to catch up on my sleep!

0 comments: