Monday, December 4, 2006

Out of the mouths of babes...

Last night one of the girls got up after they were supposed to be sleeping. This isn't completely unusual, what kid won't try and stretch out bedtime! She was upset, and told me she only wanted two things for Christmas-for me to get better and for her to get a teddy bear she could give me to take to the hospital with me. I had told the girls last week that I knew what they could get me for Christmas, a stuffed animal to take to the hospital with me, that is where that came from. We had a discussion about all that was going on then. I told her not to waste her Christmas wishes on me, that I would be fine. The next year is basically going to suck, but I will be fine. John and I have tried to answer the girls questions about all of this as honestly as possible. I don't want them to hear something from someone else, and be upset that we lied to them. I think that would scare them more in the long run. I also let them know if I don't have the answer to something. I think they need to know that adults don't know everything. After we talked for awhile, she felt better and went back to bed~ only to come out one more time. She gave me one of her teddy bears that is holding a heart that says "I Love You". I told her I would just borrow it, but she said she wanted me to have it. This all broke my heart!!! My babies should not have to go through this. It is bad enough what I have to go through--they should be left out of it!! They are already concerned about getting BC--at the age of 9! I hope that by the time they are old enough that they may have to worry about this, there is either a cure or they can detect it so early that these barbaric methods they use now will be gone!!

Had my MRI Friday. Wouldn't you know, the girls have not had a snow day in years and had one Friday. No way was I going to postpone this, and have to wait another month! My neighbor was going to take the girls for me (God love her!), but then John called saying he was sent home from work b/c of the weather. So he drove me to my appt. and the girls rode along.

The MRI itself wasn't too bad. They had told me it would take 2 hours. I was back there less than an hour! I guess their part takes two hours. The one lady also told me that they could possibly have results back as early as Wednesday. I had to go in the machine on my back first-this took some preliminary shots, including the chest wall and lungs to see if there is anything there--I really hope not!! I am tired of getting bad news every time I take a test--or at least that is how it seems. I can see why people get claustrophobic in there--esp. when on your back. They did give me headphones to use to cover up some of the noise. Next I had to lay on my stomach with my boobs in these special plates (bowls). No headphones this time, just an earplug in my upturned ear. Doesn't seem like your as closed in when on your stomach. Did have to try and keep my breathing steady. The machine made various noises, and the faster it went--the faster it felt like my heart wanted to go!

Afterwards we decorated our perfect Christmas tree! Now to get the rest of the decorations up around the house!! Saturday we went out to eat (all of us) at the new Charley Horse. Don't like the atmosphere as much, but the food was still good. Gotta love that Bucket O' Balls!! Sunday we had the surprise party for John's Aunt Eleanor. It was nice to spend some time with the family members we don't see a whole lot.

Well I'm guessing that when the results from that MRI come in, we will be able to set the date for surgery. That is good and bad. Good to know when it will be instead of wondering, bad just b/c it has to be done. Terrifying actually!

Well off to bed for me. The plan for tomorrow is to get a lot of the remaining Christmas shopping done. Wanted to do it today, but some of the things I need don't come out until tomorrow.

0 comments: