Thursday, August 14, 2008

Meet Courtney


Watch Courtney have fun dancing...

Courtney Getting Down




Courtney is a classically trained dancer, and loves to dance. The last time I saw her, it absolutely broke my heart because she was walking like she was 80. Now she is in the hospital again. She is in alot of pain, they are moving her back to ICU to manage the pain. It is not looking good. Another Chicago gal, Tracey, has been by her side. Her family is in Indiana, she does live with one sister, but she is not "there" for her. Not sure the whole story there, but it is sad. I plan on going to see her Saturday after my Y-Me volunteer training.

I am asking that you keep Courtney in your thoughts and prayers, or light a candle for her, whatever it is that you do. It completely sucks that at 23 she is having to go through this. It completely sucks that she probably will not make it to see this Christmas, or this fall. She should be out partying, having a blast, not going through this.

My heart is breaking. I don't know Courtney as well as some of the other Chicago ladies. She has a special place in my heart though. The outlook is not good. I wish there were some miracle to reverse this and return her to her youthful life. If she must leave us, I pray that she is pain free. I know I couldn't do what Tracey is doing. She is being a great friend-staying with her non stop. God this just sucks.



0 comments: