Wednesday, November 29, 2006

What in the world!!!

I saw this link on the Young Survivors bulletin board and really am having a hard time believing that anyone is this selfish--see what you think!

http://www.theonion.com/content/node/41449

You may need to copy and paste as I don't remember offhand how to add a link--I really need to look that up as there are several I would like to add.

In other news...

The weekend went pretty well. The girls and John being home, plus holiday activities helped with that I believe. We got our Christmas tree Saturday--what a deal--and it is perfect!! The best tree we've ever had!! Will have to try and post pictures later. We obviously had a few get togethers with the Holidays. I wasn't in my most sociable mood--but did manage to enjoy myself. The girls stayed at Grandma W's on Saturday, so John and I got to go out for dinner and then to the bar for awhile--boy did I need that! Felt a little crappy in the middle of the night, but woke up okay.

I found out that it will take 1-2 weeks to get the results of the MRI I am scheduled for Friday--WHAT!! So surgery will be after the holidays. This actually takes a load off of my shoulders as I don't have to hurry up to get things done. Although I do still plan on being done early so that I can sit back and enjoy the holidays. Maybe we can still make it to Great Wolf Lodge this New Years.

I went to Goodwill today to buy button up shirts. Pretty much everything I own goes on over the head, something I won't be able to do after surgery for a little bit. Although it does sound like some of the women on the YSC list were up and about fairly quickly. I plan on using this month to work on my arms and shoulders. Thinking that if I make them stronger, it will be easier to bounce back. Time will tell.

John and I met with the PS (plastic surgeon) on Monday. We both liked and felt comfortable with him. Everyone we have dealt with through Riverside has been wonderful so far.

Tonight I have to go to a special board meeting. That doesn't bother me. What does is that the same people seem to never make it to these meetings! I mean if you take a position on the board, I think you should take it seriously!! I originally didn't know if I would be able to go, as I had an MRI to schedule and needed to keep things open for that. Luckily, my MRI is Friday, so I am able to make the meeting, otherwise poor Pat (the library director) was trying to find another day to get 4 board members there. I know i am ranting a bit--but this pisses me off!! I have missed one meeting--for vacation. I may have needed to miss this one-for medical reasons, and it would have been a problem b/c the people who always miss for whatever reason couldn't bother. OK--I don't really know the reason they couldn't make it this time. I did need to rant though!! Thanks for listening!!

I have a whopper of a cold that I hope will go away soon!! I have a lot to get done and don't want the down time!!

0 comments: