Thursday, November 23, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving

I love Thanksgiving!! All that food! I am lucky in that I usually get two Thanksgivings. The first at my mom's and dad's the Sunday before. My mom works on Thanksgiving. The second at John's mom's and dad's. I need to make my broccoli casserole and cut up my roll ups so that we can get going. On the Young Survivors Bulletin board, someone started a thread on what we are thankful for. I thought I would copy my response here.

*let's see...I am thankful to my husband, who has been absolutely wonderful since this nightmare began a little over a month ago.
*For my daughter Haley, who always seems to write me a note or draw me a picture when I really need it! She melts my heart!
*For my daughter Jenna, who knows the power of laughter, and constantly cracks me up! She is my sunshine!!
*For my wonderful extended family, and my friends. I have so much love and support around me, it is overwhelming.
*For a job that allows for complete flexibility, and co-workers willing to step in and help if needed.
*For the wonderful Drs., Nurses, and staff that have had to put up with me lately (and will for a long time to come yet!!)
*For all the people who are keeping me in their thoughts, prayers, and lighting candles for me!
*I am also thankful for the ladies on that board--they have helped me so much with everything that is going on.
*And of course to be ALIVE!!

Enjoy your day, but don't forget to be thankful!!!!

0 comments: