Friday, November 7, 2008

OMG!!!!

Not sure why exactly I am so excited about this, but Obama gave his first press conference today as President Elect--and he did it from the hotel I am staying at!! I wish I could have gotten in there! Unfortunately we didn't get to see him. I am at the Chicago Hilton for the Network of Strength Conference. There was talk last night about all  of the news vans out front. Well ,on the news this morning we found out why! One of the girls was trying to get a press pass to write about it on her blog. She was doing a bit of snooping to find out where this was, she seems to be quite the detective. After breakfast, I went with her to the third floor (where most of this was being staged). The secret service we talked to knew nothing except what pertained to his little corner. Then she talked to a White House Staff (or Obama staff-not sure the official title yet) person. She told him that there was a breast cancer conference going on in the hotel and that it would be nice if the President Elect could stop by. He then explained to us that they can not vary from the schedule because of Secret Service. Oh well. It was worth a shot. Last I heard from her, she had been waiting two hours to see if she would get that press credential. I can't wait to talk to her and see what happened.
Well, I am heading back down stairs. If I find a link to the full press conference I will post a link.
What a weekend!! Tomorrow I get to see Robin Roberts!

0 comments: