Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Scary...

Please, Please read this if you are even ENTERTAINING the idea of voting for McCain. I have read about his health care plan several times, and to be honest, it scares the crap out of me!! Basically, you will be taxed for your employer based health care. This is an attempt to get you to get your own insurance in the "free market". The idea being that the competition among companies would keep prices down. But NOT for those of us with a previous condition, i.e. cancer. This would make it harder, if not next to impossible to get insurance on our own, and if we did, it would be expensive. The plan also includes cutting medicare and medicaid. Thanks alot Mr. McCain. Hit average America where it counts-the wallet-again!
Here is the link, read for yourselves;
McCain Health Plan Has Underlying Illness

I also have to seriously question the man's judgement and decision making. He chose Sarah Palin as his running mate. I'm sorry but there are times that woman makes George Bush look like a Mensa scholar! She might be ok to be a state governor, but what does she know about Washington politics? And let's face it, McCain is no spring chicken, so you really do need to think about how well his running mate would do if (and more likely when) she had to step into his place. I can only imagine what kind of fiasco that would be! I believe his choice in her has actually hurt his campaign. So if he messes up these kind of decisions, what in the hell will he mess up in office? I for one don't want to find out. I also don't understand his "giving up on Michigan". He's done, he isn't going to campaign there anymore, tv ads are done there too. WTF??? What candidate does that?? He is not so for ahead in the polls (in fact he is behind, and getting further behind every day)that he can even afford to let go of a state! I need to do some more reading on that one. Oh, and he was one of the Keating Five in the Savings and Loan debacle. I will stop there for now. I hope America is smarter this time around. Of course, I thought that we had learned our lesson four years ago and would never put W back in there....apparently we are hard heads. Or gluttons for punishment or something!

0 comments: