Saturday, July 26, 2008

Two More Gone.....

Two more of my lovely YSC friends have passed away in the last couple of weeks. Something REALLY needs to be done about this. Two young children are now without their moms. And the world is without the wit and smiley faces of these two Wonderful women.

Lola passed away this past Sunday July 20th. She was a huge presence on the boards, and always good for a laugh. Living in Scotland, I don't know that anyone had met her in person yet. One lady is in Europe now on vacation and had planned on meeting up with Lola this week. Was just talking to her about it the week before she died. It was that sudden.

Lola was diagnosed just 2 months before me. She then had a recurrence the following year. Her daughters birthday was days after she passed. Not exactly sure how old Robyn is, but from the pic (dated 2005) I am guessing around 5. I am not sure how old Lola was. I am guessing close to my age, but could be completely off.



Lola our view from across the pond




Lola's beautiful daughter

Jayme was a friend from Wisconsin. She had hoped several times to make it to one of our Chicago gatherings, but unfortunately wasn't able to make it. I had mentioned at one time that I would love to get some kind of girls weekend together and would let her know about it--but we were never able to get that together either. That I regret. Jayme's will was amazing. She had a great outlook, even with all that she had been through.

She also left a child within days of his birthday. Below are my favorite pics of Jayme, the first with her laying her head on Kody's lap is priceless. The second pic is what I think of when I think of her.

I was not able to go up for Jayme's funeral service. I wish I could have. I had a Library Finance Committee meeting that I had to be at. This does bother me that I wasn't able to be there. She was just 35 years old.



Jayme Gonzalez-getting a hug from her son







One of my favorite pictures of Jayme


Both ladies will be missed. Something has got to be done. Children need to quit losing there mommies.


0 comments: