Monday, February 11, 2008

It's Baaaackk....

Ok, Warning!!!! This post is WAY too much information for some folks. Honestly, I don't care if anyone reads it. It is here for me, and for anyone going through/having gone through this crap. Of course I do know that since I stated that, some of you won't be able to help yourselves and will have to read on. Don't say I didn't warn you though.

I kind of knew it was coming. The signs have been there for the last few months. Pimples--that was the first sign. Night sweats (eeewww!!!), could have been a form of hot flashes. Then the mood swing. My mood swing involves me getting a big "why me" or "poor me" complex. And a feeling of not being appreciated. Then Friday, a whopper of a migraine. (Now by itself, this wouldn't have meant anything. But I do have to say, I don't think I have had real bad one in quite awhile.) Sunday morning a back ache, later- slightly crampy. I knew it was coming. Even a few months ago, when I just had one symptom (pimples). Luckily I listened to my body and decided to put a pad on, even though I haven't needed one in 11 months. Sure enough--my period, monthly friend, Aunt Flo, whatever you want to call it, decided it was time to start showing up again. And with a vengeance!! I think my body is making up for those 11 months all at once. Very heavy and very uncomfortable. Mixed feelings on this whole thing. Glad my body isn't getting old before it's time. Glad to be done with the hot flashes- for now. Glad to lose the other menopause issues-for now. Can't say I missed my period though. I mean honestly, who would miss that?? I do still need to get my ovaries out though, which will put me right back in the same position I was before. I guess the bright side is that I get a break from all the crap for a few months. And if the drs see no hurry, maybe I'll wait til fall on the ovaries-so no hot flashes during the summer.

So chemo didn't totally crash my female body parts. Not a huge deal, again could do without the period, but still kind of nice to know that my body bounced back from that.

0 comments: