Friday, August 31, 2007

Back to school...

Again. The girls had a full day of school last Thursday, then Friday off because the power was off. Those storms that rolled through were wicked! And such a wide area was affected. I drove into it coming home from my ps appt. I actually pulled off the road for a minute, but decided being parked by big trees could be a bigger mistake! All in all we were lucky. We only lost power for maybe 15 minutes, no tree limbs down or other damage. The sirens did go off. John went to get Haley from gymnastics, and Jenna and I stepped outside to see what it looked like. In front there were some clouds swirling around--very creepy. In back there were some swirling a bit, and there was what looked like the eye of a tornado. I tried to get picks--don't think they turned out real well though. We had the crawl space ready to get into, luckily we never needed it.

Saturday the girls had a game in Momence. It felt like the longest game ever!! The weather was a little goofy--rain/sun/rain/sun.... That night we went to the high school game in Wilmington. It was a good game. Reed Custer won 7-6.

Tuesday was off to see the onc and get the Herceptin. Always fun! I told him about the hot flashes--he prescribed Effexor. I tried this, it makes my mouth taste like shit--like on chemo--and makes me very queasy--again, like on chemo. I think I will take my chances with the hot flashes--I can't stand feeling queasy all the time. I do need something for sleep though. I have been taking the Ativan the last two nights and have passed out. And slept all night. I will have to talk with Dr. C about this again. One of his suggestions to try before meds was walking, well I am walking 3 miles 2-3 times a week. I am going from the time I get up, til the time I try to go to sleep. Before all this crap, I could have a much more relaxed day and still sleep all night with no problem.

It is 79 right now. I am hoping the sun stays out for awhile so I can get the pool cleaned out without freezing.

Tonight we have the high school game--the JR Comets will be introduced between JV and Varsity games. Then they have a game tomorrow.

Enjoy your last official weekend of summer!! I know I plan to!

0 comments: